Thursday, May 26, 2011

blame it on testing

Well, I gained back 2 pounds this week. Aargh! Could be from lack of running around like I usually do since I was trapped in a room administering the state test instead of traveling from room to room like a gypsy. OR, it could be the lack of support and understanding from the male in the family when he insisted we go to the pizza buffet for dinner the night before weigh-in. (yes, it's his fault that I had 3 slices of pizza and 2 slices of dessert pizza!) Or it could just be one of those things, after all, weight does fluctuate. I still fit into a pair of pants I haven't worn in a long time and a shirt I've never worn (although it was a bit tight!).
Speaking of testing, not-so-great results, although most of my students (that actually tried) did make gains over last year. So, 4 days of remediation and they get to do it all again! This is the part of "teaching" that I hate. The kids were so down today, I felt bad for them.We place so much emphasis on these tests, the powers that be should come see what happens to these kids and how we have to "teach to the test" if we want them to pass and therefore keep our jobs. Not in all cases of course, just some, but I feel like they aren't getting some important information so we can concentrate on the test.
Off my soapbox.

So, leftovers for dinner, TV for a bit, then early to bed-I'm exhausted!

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, I'm right there with you! I've eaten so much chocolate this week, I think I may have had sugar rush a few days! I'm exhausted and I'm dreading the next week, sooooo much paper work. I'll need to talk to you in the morning, come see me!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete