Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"I went skydiving

I went Rocky Mountain climbing, I did 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu. And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter and I gave forgiveness I'd been denying. And he said someday I hope you get the chance to live like you were dying." Tim McGraw. I'm not a big fan of country music, but I love this one. I keep thinking about Sonia.I hadn't talked to her in so long, kept putting it off. Now she's gone. I promised myself after her funeral to live my life and not just let it pass by. This song says it all for me.
So what am I doing about it? I won't be going skydiving or riding any bulls in the near future. But I did pick up my son's guitar last night and began to teach myself how to play, something I've been wanting to do forever. I have the books from when I took lessons in my 20's (none of which I remember!). (The lessons, not my 20's!) I'm going to purchase the Rosetta Stone software to learn French, something I've wanted to do since junior high (the main reason I didn't want to go to Assabet was because I couldn't continue taking French.) I've also vowed to appreciate every moment with those I love and care about, especially my husband, children, and Haylee. I still can't believe DJ is 21, where did that time go? I'm going to take better care of myself and continue the diet and exercise program. I missed clogging last night, so I need to practice this week to keep sharp on the dances and for the exercise. I'm also going to think about everything I eat and ask myself if what I'm about to put in my mouth is going prolong my life or shorten it. And I'm going to keep praying...

No comments:

Post a Comment