It sure seems strange saying "the last days of summer" when it's still July, but I go back to work Monday followed by students on Thursday. This has been an emotional and crazy summer, to say the least! Going back to work will almost be a break!
Starting with the youngest, James: puberty has hit early! He grew another 2-3 inches over the summer and is now only 2" shorter than me, his voice has changed, and his attitude along with it! His interest in girls and all things to do with them has exploded as we found out (the hard way) with the $124 pay-per-view bill (which Dish Network graciously reversed!). Being asked to leave VBS early due to his behavior was saddening for him and heartbreaking for me, but completely understood due to the nature of the violation. Trying the GFCF diet with him has shown some promise; he answers me more quickly when I ask him to stop doing something he enjoys and seems calmer overall. Of course this could be due to being on summer break and away from the things that stress him out, hard to say. On the positive side, his sense of humor is still great and, for the most part, he's a great kids who gets lots of compliments for his sensitivity and gracious manners.
D.J., oh D.J., what can a mother do? I love this child with every fiber of my being, he has a great sense of humor and can liven up any conversation with his unique points of view. BUT, he is so impulsive and doesn't think anything through before jumping, "ready, fire, aim!" as Richard Lavoie says. He and Di have moved to Philly where they have been on- again-off- again, most recently on- again with a new determination to make it work. I miss Haylee so much, but keep reminding myself that many grandparents live far from the grandkids and still make it work, I just wanted to be part of her day-to-day life and not just hear about it later. I'll just keep praying...
I love my husband, but now understand those women who have been homemakers all their lives until the husband retires, then they are driven crazy! At least he has a job and has been keeping busy with side jobs, Knights of Columbus, RCIA, and the Cadillac. And he loves me enough to want to be with me EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY!
This blog started out with my desperate attempt to lose weight. Not working is not working for me! When I'm at work, I pack my lunch and only eat what is in my lunch box, easy to control. When I'm home, especially in the stressful situations I've had this summer, all I do is eat. Oh- and my scale broke and the new one adds at least 5 pounds, so my poundage is higher even though the clothes still fit. So, starting Monday, I'm back on the diet 100% and will try to stick with the GFCF as much as possible as well.
Lastly (I promise!), I had to give in and realize that I am no longer a candidate for wearing contact lenses, a very difficult thing to do as I have been fighting wearing glasses for 38 years now! My astigmatism has gotten to the point where it cannot be corrected with contacts. So I got some nice, rimless bifocals (the distance rx is so strong it messes up the reading vision). Then I couldn't see the computer and when I almost set my hair on fire leaning in to see what I was cooking, I went back and was prescribed tri-focals. Ta-da! I can see better now than I have in years. It's amazing what you miss without even realizing it when you can't see properly!
Enough now. Have a great summer, if you still have one!
No comments:
Post a Comment