Thursday, July 14, 2011

I broke the scale...

well, not really. I went to weigh in last week and it was stuck on 120 (which I'd take in a heartbeat!) so I had to buy a new one. According to the new one, I gained 8 pounds in a week, even though my clothes are all too loose. No worries, I just readjusted my thinking, it's not the number that matters, it's how the clothes fit!
Well, I think the roller coaster ride has come to a temporary stop. DJ, Diana, and Haylee made it safely to Philly and her family. DJ learned many things that helped fill in some holes, it's all good. I think it will be a good move for them, they both have jobs lined up already and Di's uncle has really taken DJ under his wing, which DJ desperately needs.
I went to pick up his paycheck at Hardees, and it warmed my heart to hear all the positive comments from co-workers, the store manager, and even the district manager! "What a great guy", "He always made me feel better when I am down", "My favorite manager!", and they said to have him call if he comes back, I think they'd hire him right back even though he left so suddenly. I always knew he was a great kid and now other people are seeing it as well. He needed to hear that so I texted him all the nice words. I hope it rose his spirits. James and I are enjoying some time together. We went tubing on Fire's Creek yesterday and have been playing board games. Even though my faith was seriously shaken this week, it's back as strong as ever and all I can say is, "Praise God, life is good!"

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it Bonnie....i can only imagine that a son raised by you would have many wonderous and kind qualities! You have been a blessing for me to work with!

    ReplyDelete