Ok-time for a new outlook!
The gluten/casein free diet is going well and I've even managed to track most of the points on WW, which is huge since I feel like I'm on 2 diets at once! I think James is still recovering from the pizza as his behavior hasn't been great the last few days; he even lost the fireworks last night (I don't care that they're only once a year-you mess up you pay the consequence!)
On the plus side, I have a pile of freshly grown veggies to eat in trade for some math instruction. Fair deal to me, I hope that the math student feels the same! James may have a new buddy to play some chess with as well, one his age for a change instead of always hanging out with us! Sounds win-win to me!
My pile of veggies includes cabbage, which I love but usually only eat with the traditional corned beef dinner. I have several vegetarian cookbooks from my no-meat days and found several recipes that look great! Tonight it will be cabbage rolls stuffed with wild mushrooms and brown rice with a tomato-based sauce-sounds yummy! I just need to figure the points so I know how many to eat! Jim says, "What, no meat?", so I'll have to cook something on the side, maybe some crab cakes...we'll see what happens.
We had a quiet 4th. DJ and Di came over for a cookout Sunday night because I knew he'd want to spend the 4th with his friends. James, Jim and I had our annual viewing of "1776", which I love! I saw it in 7th grade on a field trip, that was the bicentennial year and our year focused on that, which was cool, especially living in Massachusetts! Now I subject Jim and James to it every 4th, and they know all the songs, too!
Happy week!
No comments:
Post a Comment