I hate having to make decisions that will impact not only my life but others as well.
A job opening has come up in a school much closer to me. I would be cutting my driving time and gas bill in half. Plus, I would be able to participate in the events outside of school that are just too far for me to attend at the present school.
Those are the only pluses.
On the down side: I love where I teach now. If I stay, I'll being doing the same thing 2 years in a row for a change, and actually feel like I know what I'm doing. I love the people I work with and I think they like me back, I would miss that. I've heard horrible things about the school that has the opening, in fact, I interviewed for this same opening almost 3 years ago and didn't get it. I believe it has been open another time since then as well, so why won't anyone stay? Jim feels that since I have done so well "fitting in" where I am now, I can just do the same thing at the other school and get the same results, I'm not so sure. This is truly the first time in my life that I feel like I fit in and that people actually like me, what if the rumors I've heard about the attitudes of the people at the other school are true and they make me miserable? Is it worth saving a few bucks? Actually, the county I'm in now gives a stipend every year which about covers the difference in gas, so I'll be breaking even unless the other county does the same. I've put in my application and I guess I just need to leave it up to what God thinks is best for me...
Tough decision..... You will do well with what ever you decide. God will lead you in the direction you need to go. Just weigh your options, think of your happiness and let God do the rest. You are an amazing person and should be loved no matter where you are. Good luck with your decision.
ReplyDeleteI have soooo felt the same way about our little school family. Isn't it nice that the good does outweigh the bad so many days! We are blessed with a great group of people over all. Praying you feel peace and that doors will open and close as God wills. Hugs!
ReplyDelete