Wednesday, June 15, 2011

then the world crashed in

The day after my last post, my entire world came crashing down. I don't want to go into details here, let's just say that the dream I'd always prayed for is never going to happen. To go from such a high on Sunday to the bottom of the pits on Monday is emotionally draining, to say the least. After 24 hours of holding back tears (sort of), I finally have come to the acceptance stage of grief. This really should have happened years ago but being an eternal optimist I refused to give up. So, now, I'm throwing in the towel. I'll never stop hoping for this to fix, but I can no longer spend such an amount of emotional energy on it, especially since it's beyond my control (reminder to self: I can only control ME, no one else).
I'm done.
So on the diet front, when I'm mad or agitated, I pig out. When I'm in a significant emotional state, I can't eat at all, so I should show a weight loss tomorrow. I've gotten in plenty of exercise moving things around my classroom, running back and forth to gather/put away things. I learned a dance Monday in clogging that I've wanted to learn for a while, but since I'm the only one that doesn't know it, I couldn't get them to slow down enough for me to get it. So, I've been practicing that as well. I found out about another dance style they do at the folk school, English Country, that I'm told doesn't have the spins that contra does, so I'm going to keep a look out for that and sign up. Today is my last official day of work until August 1st, so I'm going to plan some activities for James and I, including our French lessons and 6th grade math. He's really enjoying learning French and I'm surprised at how easily it's coming back to me from the classes I took in Junior High! He earned a free pass to Six Flags in Atlanta that we'll do next week and we're going to Chattanooga tomorrow to see one of Jim's old favorites, Uriah Heap. (I've never heard of them, but he played a song for James and James loves them-he's the one that wants to go to the concert!) Also on the plans for the next few weeks: Charleston and other spots in SC, Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, and Stone Mountain, GA. These are all day trips for us (except Charleston) since we live so far west in NC, so the only cost will be gas (ugh!) and admission.

No comments:

Post a Comment