Sunday, September 25, 2011

should I stay or should I go?

Well, the camel's back is broken. Not sure what exactly broke it to the point of no return: rising insurance costs, no longer qualifying for reduced lunch for James, rising costs of gas/food/everything, no raise AGAIN! Jim tried to run an ad in the local newspaper for an electrical handyman and was getting a good response until the state told him he couldn't do that, so now he has no money coming in.The few sides jobs he does put gas in his van, that's all and he hasn't found a real job in the three years that we've been here. So after much discussion and prayer, we've decided it's time for me to look for a job in Massachusetts.
Pros if I get one: more money, no longer worrying about how we're going to eat, the ability to actually save some money for once, I'd get to spend some real time with my mom and sisters whom I desperately miss, I'd get to see DJ and Di more often since they are on the way to MA and only 6 hours away if I wanted to spend the weekend, Jim would still be here to take care of this place and we'd be able to keep it for summers and vacation, James wouldn't have to change schools until I was sure I found one that could meet his needs as well as Hayesville does. Cons to me going: I hate the thought of leaving James and worry about Jim doing this all alone, I love my current job and have made some friends there that I'd miss (pause while I dry my eyes). The plan is to purchase a laptop with a web cam for James so he and I can Skype every night, which he may think is so cool he may not want me to come back! I'd come back for holidays, breaks, long weekends and really only be gone for 6 weeks at a time. If it works out and I have enough money, after getting Jim a replacement car, I'd try to find a foreclosed house or condo for us to stay in and James could come up and go to school in MA; Jim would have the option of staying here or coming up.(He's very comfortable here, has contacts for jobs, is in great with the church, and HATES the cold).We feel that our relationship is strong enough to survive the distance. I think all the evidence points to me going to MA if I am offered the right job. So, keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, I'm praying for you! I know the struggle you are going through! You are an amazing teacher and friend! I pray God will bless you and speak so loudly to you that you can not ignore him, whatever his will be!!! See you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete